Yura (Girl’s Day) - bnt International March ‘14 (Bando Optical)
Yoga has many health and fitness benefits - both for the body and the mind. The postures, or asanas, that yogic teachings recommend provide a low-impact way to work your body, and will help to develop focus and stillness in both body and mind, strengthening you from the inside out.
Yoga can be practised by anyone and will:
- restore your optimal flexibility and strength
- help to create a leaner, more toned body
- enhance your overall body alignment and posture
- help to deepen your breathing
- encourage you to relax and de-stress
- restore your sense of balance - both physical and emotional
- heighten your performance in both other sports and everyday activities
There are many variations, each with a slightly different emphasis. However, underlying all types of yoga is the belief that good health depends on a holistic approach to life - recognising and working to enhance the mind-body-spirit connection. It is this that sets yoga apart from other forms of exercise.
Here are some links to get you started:
- Yoga Blogs for you to Follow
- How to Yoga
- Yoga if you don’t know where to start
- Yoga sequence for beginners
- Meditation for beginners
- Online Yoga Resources (for all levels)
- Morning Yoga Sequence and Bedtime Yoga Sequence
- Browse more sequences…
Part of my Beautiful Health series.